Why Having a Tidy and Germ-free Home Is So Important
Most people have been taught since they were kids that keeping their homes spotless and well-organized, or hiring a maid service in Vancouver to do it for them, is the best thing they can do to protect theirs and their family’s health.
But why is this the case? Why do we value having a clean home so much? Is cleaning really so crucial, or are we giving it more attention than it deserves? How often should we clean our houses and apartments anyway? Read on to learn the answers to these questions.
What happens if you don’t clean your house?
It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that your life will fall apart if you don’t clean your place. On top of being extremely unhealthy, a dirty home will also adversely impact almost every other aspect of your life.
- You’ll get sick. Infectious organisms such as bacteria, parasites, moulds, fungi, and viruses (yes, that includes coronavirus) thrive in stale, grimy environments. Eating, sleeping, and generally spending time in such an environment will eventually cause you to become ill.
- Your mental health will suffer. Living in a messy, dust-laden home makes people more likely to become depressed, unmotivated, stressed out, overweight, and even addicted to cigarettes, alcohol, or drugs.
- You’ll be surrounded by toxins. Dust, dirt, trash, and even some common household items contain all sorts of toxic materials that can have long-term negative impacts on your, your children’s, and your pets’ well-being.
- It’ll limit your social life. Having guests isn’t really an option if your house is a total mess. In the unlikely case that you do invite someone over, they’ll probably want to get out of there as soon as possible, and you’ll quickly develop a reputation as a complete slob.
- It’ll hurt you professionally. No matter how often you wash and iron your clothes, they may not look or smell clean for long if you store them in a grimy home. This can in turn damage your professional image and limit your prospects. (This is the uncomfortable truth people don’t usually want to talk about.)
- You could get evicted. Most tenant-landlord contracts stipulate that the tenant should take good care of the property they’re leasing, and that includes cleaning it regularly. Failing to do so will not only give your landlord ample reason to evict you, they’ll also be able to withhold your initial security deposit to cover the costs of cleaning.
How often should house cleaning be done?
At a minimum, most homes need to be given a standard cleaning (vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and generally tidying up) on a bi-weekly basis. If possible, these regular cleanings should be done at least once per week.
In addition to standard cleanings, every house should also be given a deep cleaning two or three times per year. The purpose of a deep cleaning is to deal with inside cabinetry and appliances, book shelves, and cleaning difficult-to-reach areas that you wouldn’t normally bother with during your weekly cleaning.
Where can I find an exceptional maid service in Vancouver?
Did you know that the average Canadian spends almost 6 hours a week performing housekeeping tasks such as cleaning their home, doing the laundry, or washing the dishes? That may not seem like a lot when you spread it over an entire week, but it actually adds up to nearly 24 hours per month!
That’s an entire day you could be spending on the things you actually enjoy, such as pursuing your hobbies or going to the Science World with your loved ones. Here at Maid Near Me, we’d like to help you make that a reality.
We work with the premier cleaning professionals in the Greater Vancouver Area who have the experience and the know-how necessary to provide you with the very highest standards of cleanliness. Call us today!