Terms of Service
1. THE SERVICE: Maid Near Me Inc. connects people seeking cleaning services (“You”) with individuals (“Cleaning Professionals”) seeking to perform such cleaning services. Maid Near Me Inc. cannot guarantee the accuracy of any background or criminal check to uncover past misconduct or predict future behaviour. You agree to take and accept all responsibilities related to the protection of your residence as you would with any other service provider; this includes taking all reasonable precautions to protect your personal property, as well as the safety of your self and any other persons within your premises, as you would from strangers.
2. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: Because your cleaning professional will often travel by public transit, she or he will use equipment and supplies provided by you. The exception to this is post-renovation and move-in/out cleanings, where your cleaning professional(s) will provide all tools and supplies.
Maid Near Me will provide you a complete list of recommended supplies, which includes: a well-functioning vacuum, mop & bucket, toilet brush, a 20-pack of microfibre cleaning cloths and any heavy-duty or specialty cleaners that you require for mold & mildew or grease build-up removal.
3. ACCESS TO YOUR HOME: The most efficient and problem-free way to access your home on cleaning day is to install a lock box on your property for your cleaning professional to access your key, and to provide a guest alarm code if you have a home security system. Keypad door locks or garage door codes also work well. If your cleaning professional is unable to gain access to your home, a lock-out fee equal to $75 for an initial visit or 50% of your regular cleaning fee will apply.
4. EXCLUSIVITY OF SERVICE: Should you wish to hire your current or former Maid Near Me cleaning professional directly (that is, outside of Maid Near Me) within 24 months of your last Maid Near Me cleaning appointment, a $5,000 referral fee will apply. By using Maid Near Me services, you confirm your acceptance of all Terms of Service, including this referral fee.
5. RESCHEDULING/CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to change or cancel an appointment, please inform our office at least 48 business hours before your scheduled cleaning visit. If less than 48 business hours notice is provided, a late cancellation fee equal to $75 for an initial visit or 50% of your regular cleaning fee will apply.
6. PAYMENT: Payment in full is due on cleaning day. For the initial cleaning, a credit card is required to confirm the appointment and a hold (not a charge) will be placed on your credit card 48 business hours prior to the visit for the estimated amount of the cleaning.
For payments by email money transfer, this hold will be released upon receipt of your payment. If payment is not received within 48 hours of the cleaning, or in the event of a lock-out or late cancellation, your credit card will be charged for the balance owing.
7. RECURRING SERVICE AND DELAYED CLEANINGS: Should you need to skip or delay your regularly scheduled visit, more time is typically required on our next visit to ensure the high standard of cleaning you want; as a result, additional charges will apply should more time be required. For service intervals greater than 4 weeks, billing will be based on the actual time required at our current hourly rate.
8. BEFORE OUR VISIT: To give you the greatest value possible, we ask you to take a few minutes before our visit to put away clothing, toys, and other precious or personal items. Please let us know within 48 business hours of your cleaning if you would like Maid Near Me to customize your house cleaning service to include tidying and de-cluttering; additional charges will apply.
Should your cleaning professional discover on cleaning day that there is an added requirement to tidy before cleaning can occur, our office will be in touch to obtain your approval for this additional service or to prioritize tasks to be completed within the scheduled appointment. If we are unable to reach you, your cleaner will complete what they can within the maximum scheduled time.
9. VALUABLES: To eliminate any potential for accidents, we ask that valuables, collectibles, heirlooms, and other precious items be put away before our visit. If you are aware of any potential perils in your home (e.g., a loose picture frame), you agree to notify Maid Near Me Inc. in writing before cleaning occurs. Such damages are limited to amounts set out in #10 below. Maid Near Me Inc. is not responsible for accidental breakage of precious items that the office was not informed in advance to exclude, or which was not put away during the cleaning.
10. NORMAL WEAR & TEAR: Maid Near Me Inc. shall not be held responsible for direct or consequential damage resulting from normal wear and tear or defective household parts that fail during routine cleaning.
11. BREAKAGE: Maid Near Me Inc. carries general liability insurance policy. In the rare event of breakage, Maid Near Me Inc. takes responsibility for direct damage caused by us (with the exception noted in #8 above) by either repairing, replacing, or reimbursing for the damaged item. If appropriate, insurance claims will be filed. Maid Near Me’s liability for artwork, collectibles and family heirlooms shall be limited to $200 per item and the customer agrees to notify Maid Near Me at the start of service, in writing, of any such item for which extra care is required.
12. PETS: We love pets! However, for safety reasons, if your pet is aggressive, please ensure they are secured on cleaning day. To build trust and acceptance by your pet, we recommend your presence during the initial cleaning for your pet to meet your cleaning professional under the most comfortable circumstances. Maid Near Me Inc. does not assume liability for the health & safety of your pets.
13. PESTS: For health & safety reasons and to protect the interests of all Maid Near Me Inc. clients and your professional cleaner, Maid Near Me Inc. will not clean in any home that has an insect or rodent infestation. Should any sign of infestation be observed, cleaning will immediately cease, and a late cancellation fee will apply.
14. SAFETY: Ensuring the health & safety of your professional cleaner is essential. To provide a safe work environment, we kindly ask that our office be notified prior to cleaning day of any potential hazards in your home. These may include, but are not limited to, aggressive pets, biohazards (overwhelming odours, bodily fluids, pet or rodent feces, insect infestations, flu, use of needles, pungent etc.), or construction work underway. To prevent back injury, we also ask that cleaners not be asked to move or lift heavy furniture. In the winter, we ask that walkways and driveways be well-salted and cleared of snow and ice to prevent slips and falls.
Cleaners will leave environments deemed to be unsafe, in which case normal cleaning charges will apply. Maid Near Me Inc. reserves the right to cancel any service, for any reason. Racism, sexism, or disrespect towards cleaning professionals will result in immediate and permanent termination of service.
15. CLEANING BEHIND APPLIANCES: Your Maid Near Me cleaner will clean behind appliances that are already pulled out. For health & safety and insurance reasons, they are unable to move your appliances themselves.
16. ADDITIONAL WORK: We are always pleased to assist you with your additional cleaning requirements. Simply contact us 48 hours before your next appointment so that we may schedule additional time to complete the extra tasks. Additional charges will apply.
17. SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Maid Near Me Inc. provides a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If ever you are not completely satisfied, please let our office know within 24 hours and we will return to make it right — at no additional charge.
In the event that you requested the cleaning time and budget be limited to less than that recommended by Maid Near Me Inc., your cleaner will work through your list of priorities to complete only what is possible in the time approved; in this case, we are unable to offer our Satisfaction Guarantee.
To ensure that your feedback is recorded in our computer system and included in your cleaning plan going forward, please always provide your feedback directly to our office.
18. PRICING QUOTE: Pricing quotes are based on average cleaning requirements for the size of home and level of build-up and cleaning requirements specified by you. On cleaning day, should your cleaning professional experience above average requirements due to heavier than expected build-up or additional rooms or special surfaces requiring extra care not mentioned at the time of the booking, additional time and charges will apply to complete the work. If we are unable to reach you to obtain approval, or if the required additional time needed is not granted, your cleaning professional will complete only what they can within the approved time and budget; in this case, our Satisfaction Guarantee will not apply.
Billing begins upon arrival and may include time spent finding parking, unloading supplies & equipment, and waiting for entry.
Paid parking is an additional charge (based on actual cost) that is not included in our pricing quote.
19. DISCOUNTS: Discounts cannot be combined and, except where a specific end date is provided, may be discontinued at any time without notice.
20. MAINTENANCE SERVICE PLAN: Recurring service pricing is based on typical requirements for the interval you have selected, your size of home and occupancy. Should your cleaning professional experience greater than normal build-up after the initial deep cleaning, we will contact you to obtain approval for additional time to complete the cleaning to the desired level of detail; additional charges will apply. If we are unable to reach you or if the necessary additional time is not approved, your cleaner will do the best job they can within the time available and the Maid Near Me Satisfaction Guarantee will not apply.
Additional work may be scheduled by you for our next visit, and future service and pricing customized to give your home the attention it requires.
For a complete list of what is included in our Maintenance Service, please see the Services section of our website.
21. CHANGES TO OUR SERVICES: Maid Near Me Inc. may add or remove features, products, or functionalities to its services without prior notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service section of our website from time to time for updates to our terms of service.
Should any part of these Terms of Service be deemed void, the affected provision will be severed from these Terms and will not affect the continuation and enforceability of the remaining Terms. A decision to not enforce a particular Term shall not constitute a waiver of that Term.
22. INDEMNIFICATION: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Maid Near Me Inc. and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, owners, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of any cleaning services received by you and performed through the Maid Near Me Inc. booking platform; (ii) any alleged or actual loss or damage to property (including your residence), resulting from the performance of the cleaning services.
23. ARBITRATION: You and Maid Near Me Inc. that any and all disputes arising in connection with this Agreement which cannot be resolved amicably by both parties, shall be resolved by binding arbitration using a mutually agreed upon qualified third party Arbitrator and as governed by the Canadian Arbitration Association’s Arbitration Rules.