Move-In Cleaning Checklist: All You Need to Know
So you’ve decided that you want your new home looking its best a day or two before your big moving day. Excellent choice! An effective move-in cleaning in Vancouver can go a long way in making your move less exhausting and stressful.
But how exactly do you perform an in-depth move-in cleaning? What are the main areas you should focus on when cleaning a new home? Do cleaning industry experts have a specific checklist they follow while performing a move-in cleaning?
We’re going to answer all of these questions by giving you insight into an extensive move-in cleaning checklist. To get the inside scoop, read on!
What do you clean when you first move in?
A move-in cleaning is a unique opportunity to carefully clean surfaces that you wouldn’t normally attempt or be able to reach (eg., areas that are blocked by heavy pieces of furniture), in addition to taking care of the regular cleaning tasks. This allows your cleaners to take care of all the deeply ingrained grime and stains before your family even arrives at the new place.
Here’s a tried-and-true move-in cleaning checklist:
Throughout the house:
- Clean all ledges, window sills and baseboards
- Wash shutters and blinds
- Dust all light fixtures or wash them by hand if they haven’t been cleaned recently
- Remove cobwebs
- Wash and disinfect all high-touch surfaces like door handles, railings and switch plate covers
- Wipe down hard-to-reach surfaces
- Vacuum all window tracks
- Vacuum all floors, carpets, and rugs
- Wash all window frames, door frames, and doors by hand
- Mop all floors
- Throw out any trash and replace garbage bin liners
- Clean inside and out of kitchen cabinets and drawers
- Fine-clean faucets, drains, and sinks using a toothbrush
- Wash and disinfect open shelves
- Remove any prints from patio door glass
- Clean the interior of the microwave
- Wipe down small appliances, countertops, and backsplash
- Remove build-up on surfaces
- Clean the interiors and exteriors of large appliances in the kitchen and laundry room
- Clean inside and out of the fridge, stove, washer and dryer
- Dust all shelves
- Vacuum all ceiling fans
- Clean all bathtubs, showers, grout, and tile walls and tackle mold and mildew
- Wash the exteriors and interiors of cabinets and vanities
- Use a toothbrush to fine-clean sinks, faucets, and drains
- Wipe down all towel racks, door handles, switch plate covers, and paper holders
- Clean and polish mirrors and chrome
- Thoroughly clean the toilets and sanitize them
- Remove build-up
- Wash all countertops
Where can I schedule a first-rate move-in cleaning in Vancouver?
Are you looking for a reputable cleaning service that can ensure your new home is sparkling clean before you move into it? Do you want to make sure your property looks its best before appraisal? Is perhaps a thorough cleaning a part of your deal with a buyer?
Here at Maid Near Me, we’re ready to meet your needs and expectations. In addition to move-in/move-out cleanings, the cleaning professionals we will send your way can also provide standard cleaning, deep cleaning and post renovation cleaning, as well as commercial cleaning and specialized Airbnb cleaning services.
Reach out to us today and enjoy a family afternoon at the Robson Square while the pros give you the gift of a sparkling clean home!