How to Keep Germs and Toxins Out of Your Home
If there’s something positive to be said about the COVID-19 crisis, it’s that at least it has inspired us all to reevaluate our cleaning habits and take greater care of personal hygiene. By taking a more in-depth approach to condo cleaning in Vancouver, we’ll all be healthier and better off in the long run.
In order to help you keep your home free of germs and toxins, we’ve provided a short list of common household items that contain dangerous toxins, and explain what you should focus on when disinfecting your home. Keep reading to learn more.
How do you keep your house clean and safe?
There are two types of home cleaning: standard and deep. Standard cleaning includes all the usual vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and generally tidying up that we all do on a regular basis. For most households, a single standard cleaning per week should be more than enough to keep the place clean and clutter-free.
In addition to including everything a standard cleaning does, deep cleanings also deal with hard-to-reach areas and difficult-to-remove stains and grime. Due to how thorough they are, deep cleanings are typically performed two or three times a year.
The coronavirus pandemic has made the use of household disinfectants crucial in both standard and deep cleanings. Pay special attention to frequently-touched surfaces (touchpoints) when disinfecting your house.
Common household touchpoints include:
- Handles of all types
- Light switches
- Microwave and oven buttons
- Toilet seats
- TV and AC remotes
- Game controllers
- Computer mice and keyboards
How do you remove toxins from your home?
Regular cleanings are by far the most effective way to remove dirt, dust, mould, allergens, pollen, dander, and other harmful substances that can endanger people’s health. Unfortunately, these are far from the only toxins in our homes.
Many Canadians unknowingly bring dangerous materials into their houses all the time. This is because many everyday items contain chemicals that can adversely affect yours, your family’s and your pets’ health. .
Whenever possible, be aware of and avoid the following products:
- Microwave popcorn often comes with artificial flavours that contain pentanedione and other harmful chemicals.
- Furniture polish and stain may contain nitrobenzene and phenol. These chemicals can be absorbed by your skin and potentially cause skin cancer.
- Plastic food containers have been known to contain phthalates. These dangerous chemicals can cause high blood pressure, insulin resistance, and even birth defects.
- Plastic water bottles sometimes contain Bisphenol A and Bisphenol B, both of which can endanger the health of small children and babies.
- Hand sanitizers that aren’t based on ethyl alcohol have been known to irritate respiratory conditions such as asthma and chronic bronchitis.
- Pizza boxes are usually coated with an anti-grease coating that’s designed to keep the grease from soaking through the box. Unfortunately, these coatings often contain harmful chemicals.
Where can I book a superb condo cleaning in Vancouver?
There’s a reason why cleaning is called a household CHORE: it’s tiring, repetitive, and time-consuming. The good news is, you don’t have to do it all on your own!
By having a trusted cleaning company take care of your cleaning needs, you’ll not only be getting a pristine home, but also reclaiming the free time you need to do the things you enjoy, such as spending a fun afternoon at the Granville Entertainment District.
As a leading provider of residential cleaning services in Vancouver, Maid Near Me is superbly equipped to give your home a truly top-notch cleaning. Reach out to us today!