Condo Cleaning 101: How to Clean Your Condo Like an Expert
Maintaining a clean and germ-free home is one of the best ways to keep yourself and your loved ones healthy. Failing to do so will not only increase the risk of sickness, but also damage your property and negatively impact your mental health and social life.
So what’s the best way to keep your condo squeaky clean at all times? How frequently should a typical home be vacuumed? What’s the difference between a standard and a deep cleaning?
We’ll be answering these questions in the following article. Read on to learn how to take your Vancouver condo cleaning to the next level!
How do you clean a condo?
At a minimum, every condo should be given a standard cleaning on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Households that contain pets or a large number of occupants, or are located in areas with increased dust buildup (downtown districts, neighbourhoods that are close to major roads, etc.), may need to be cleaned more often.
A standard cleaning is designed to take care of everyday toxins, dirt, dust, clutter, and pet dander that build up over time in every home. Depending on the size of your home, it shouldn’t take longer than a few hours.
A typical standard cleaning includes:
- Wiping down tables, chairs, desks, shelves, windowsills, baseboards, countertops, computer keyboards, and other regularly-used surfaces
- Dusting all decor items, lamps and shelving units
- Vacuuming fabric furniture
- Washing the dishes or running them through the dishwasher
- Cleaning the kitchen and bathroom sinks
- Cleaning and disinfecting the toilet, bathtub, and shower
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently-touched surfaces (doorknobs, light switches, faucets, handles, AC and TV remotes, etc.)
- Throwing out the garbage
- Vacuuminging up pet hair
Supplies used in standard cleanings include:
- Vacuum cleaner (or a broom)
- Mop and bucket
- Universal household cleaner (or soap and water)
- Universal household disinfectant (or a solution of bleach and water)
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Microfiber cloths
- Garbage bags
- Paper towels
How do you deep clean a condo?
Deep cleaning is an extra-thorough type of cleaning that targets the deeply ingrained dust and grime that isn’t normally tackled during a standard cleaning. Due to how extensive they are, deep cleanings only need to be performed 2-3 times a year.
In addition to a standard cleaning, a deep cleaning also includes:
- Cleaning hard-to-reach areas such as high shelves or tops of cabinets, surfaces behind and moving large furniture to clean behind, tops of HVAC vents, and so on.
- Washing floor covers. No matter how often you vacuum them, your carpets and rugs will still need to be professionally deep cleaned occasionally. A deep cleaning is also a good time to wash your window and shower curtains.
- Cleaning or replacing the furnace filters. Depending on how much dust accumulates in your home or how often you use your air conditioner during the summer months, you should replace or clean the filters at least 3-4 times a year.
- Cleaning the interiors of appliances such as the fridge, oven, and microwave.
- Emptying kitchen cupboards and drawers, and cleaning them inside and out.
Here’s what you’ll need to perform a deep cleaning:
- A ladder (for reaching high areas)
- Help (you likely won’t be able to move large furniture on your own)
- Carpet cleaning supplies (if you’re cleaning your floor coverings yourself)
- Kitchen degreaser (for oven, fridge, and microwave cleaning)
Where can I schedule an in-depth Vancouver condo cleaning?
Finding the time and energy to properly clean your condo can be difficult when you’re also raising a family and holding a full-time job. Luckily, Maid Near Me is here for you! As the top cleaning company in Vancouver, we pride ourselves on providing our clients with a truly exceptional service!
Book a cleaning today and enjoy a relaxing afternoon at the Third Beach while your cleaning professional makes your condo shine.